This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Has anyone else set this up ?

Topics: Documentation, Installation
Jan 17, 2014 at 7:26 PM
It seems that I am the first person to create a thread and now trying to setup the Workbox for a north London Council and this seems exactly what we are looking for but having spent a month on the setup I am completely lost on how to setup a workbox. surprisingly I have read the user manuals from cover to cover several times and re-created the intranet and work box about 10 times but still hopelessly lost (we have a TAG meeting next week and they would like me to demo the Workbox)
a few questions
1) Is the URL we enter (page 9, edit new record type, WBF installation guide) automatically generated or do we create it manually with the template.
2) How do we get the ribbon
3) Will this work on a Standard Edition
4) Can a Team Site be used instead of a Publishing site (intranet)
Jan 19, 2014 at 11:25 PM
Hi Robin,

First some quick answers to your specific questions:

1) The 'Work Box Collection URL' is the URL for the Work Box Collection management site. So, in the case of the example URLs being used in the installation guide this URL would be http://myworkboxes/.

2) Assuming that you are asking about the 'Work Box' ribbon tab, then this should appear whenever you visit a work box (i.e. when you visit a SharePoint site that has been created as a work box). So, if you haven't yet created any work boxes then you wont have seen this extra ribbon tab yet. I hope this is what you were asking about?

3) Yes, the Work Box Framework works on Standard Edition SharePoint 2010.

4) Yes, there is no dependence on the Publishing features for the 'intranet' site. So, you can simply use SharePoint team sites for the WBF team sites.

More generally, please do get in touch with me directly as I would be very happy to chat through any further questions and issues with you as it would be great for your demo to go well. If you email me ( oli@gometa.co.uk ) we can arrange a time to chat on the phone.

Regards,
Oli
Jan 21, 2014 at 9:30 AM
Hello Oli

Thank you for your reply

Found out where I was going wrong.. got a bit mixed up with the Workbox section and Administration section and hadn't applied any User Roles.. it's now working and looking forward to creating the demo for Friday

Once I have got this to work fully and understand the basic thought behind the architecture I will provide some additional documentation which hopefully will fill in the gaps where I got a bit confused

Also.. Thank you Oli for... not only your hard work with the development of this product but also for Sharing this on Codeplex its this type of attitude that makes it all worth while.

Regards

Robin ,